This 2-story Italianate brick house constructed by William Curtis in 1871 is located in Zanesville' s National Historic Mcintire Terrace District. Situated on a tree covered, .68 acre corner lot with brick lined streets and brick sidewalks. Quick access to Interstate 70 makes for easy commute to Columbus. The house was extensively remodeled in 1920, moving front entryway 180 degrees, among other renovations. The remodeling was done in a Neo-Classical fashion. The original 4 bedroom home was converted to a 3 bedroom in 1992 when one bedroom was converted to a walk-in closet with French doors, creating a master suite. Other enhancements include updated main bathroom and kitchen, central air conditioning, first floor laundry with plenty of storage, and three and one-half car detached garage with paved through-driveway. While updated it still has maintained its original charm, featuring oak hardwood floors; 2 story foyer with large brass chandelier; original fireplaces; crown molding and lead glass cabinets in the living room, master bedroom, and additional bedroom; period first floor full bath; original glass door knobs; American Encaustic tile porch; and six first-floor French doors.