Postal service to the Island has taken many forms over the years. Mail came by boat, and in the winter when the ice was safe, by sleigh, horse, man on foot, or Model T. When the Ferry Line began running scheduled trips, it took over mail delivery and it was delivered more regularly. There were several locations where rooms in homes were converted and utilized for processing mail. As mail usage increased there was a need for a larger space, so in 1962, the current building was constructed on this parcel of land and leased by the U.S. Postal Service. 1.55+/- acres, conveniently located on a commercial corner lot for easy exposure and access. 1035 sq ft. Ask about other uses.